Ukadiche Modak | Steam Modak
In India’s state of Maharashtra, Goa and in the regions of Kokan Ukadiche Modak is a very popular authentic Maharashtrian Sweet Dish. Ukadiche Modak is a very popular sweet Dish found across the world. This Ukadiche Modak is specially made during festival time during Ganesh Chaturthi and Sankashti. Modak Can be made in many types like Ukadiche Modak, Fry Modak, Mawa or khoya modak. Ukadiche Modak made with the sweet filling inside of a modak and outside soft shell is made from flour. This Ukadiche Modak sweet dish is simple and easy to make. The ukadiche modak is a combination of grated coconut, jaggery and dry fruits and rice flour.
- 1 Medium size Bowl fresh Coconut (greated)
- 1 Small bowl jaggery (greated)
- 2 tsp Almond (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp cashew nuts (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp raisins
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp Ghee
- 1 glass rice flour
- ¾ glass water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 to 3 drops Oil
- First turn on the flame, put it on the pan and add ½ tsp of ghee.
- When ghee is melted then add to it a medium size bowl of grated fresh coconut and a small bowl of grated jaggery. And all to mix well.
- Make sure that it continues to stir it otherwise it can be burned into the bottom of the pan. Stir for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- When jaggery is dissolved into the coconut then add into the 2 tsp of finely chopped almond, 2 tsp of cashew nuts and 2 tsp of raisins and all to mix well.
- After that add to it 1 tsp of cardamom powder and all to mix well. And then turn off the flame.
- First turn on the flame and put it on the pot and add ½ glass of water and add ¼ tsp of salt and 2 drops of oil and water is boiled.
- Then add to it 1 glass of rice flour and all to mix well. And turn off the flame and close the lid of the pot and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- After that this rice flour transfers into the platter and makes a smooth dough. on a kneading time, takes water and kneads the soft dough.
- Turn on the flame and put it on the steamer and add 1 glass of water and boil it on low flame.
- Then take a steamer plate and take 2 to 3 drops of oil and grease to the tin. And keep aside.
- Then make a small lemon size ball of the dough and shape it into a small roti with your finger. (Roti makes time if dough sticks into the palm then take 1 drop of oil into the palm and then make the roti).
- After that take a 1 spoon of coconut mixture and fill into the rice roti. On filling time leave some space for folding it.
- Then pinch the outer covering with your figure into the small plates and then fold them up. And Join them and cover the filling completely.
- On this method, make all the modak and keep it in the grease tin.
- Then this modak tin put it on the steamer and closed the lid and cooked for 20 minutes on high flame.
- After 20 minutes close the gas flame and open the lid and take out the steamed modak tin.
- Then take out one by one steamed modak into the plate. And serve this modak with ghee